Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy
We are proud to operate under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We help the community by offering –
- Occupational Therapy
- Equipment Prescription
- Home Modifications
- NDIS Request Forms
- Functional Capacity Assessments
Vista Healthcare is an NDIS Registered Provider. We are a team of Australian Physiotherapists & Occupational Therapists that are registered with AHPRA. We first became NDIS registered in 2019, and we have been operating since 2014.
Please note, we also provide our services to participants in SIL living arrangements.
Mobile NDIS Physiotherapy & OT
Referrals for Vista Healthcare
Vista Healthcare works with both paediatric NDIS participants (under 18) and adult NDIS participants (over 18). We are a mobile workforce that visit people at their home, group home, or shared home.
Please tell us about your situation, or the participant you are representing. Over the phone, we will have an honest discussion whether we are an appropriate provider to consider. Moving forward, we will organise a face to face meeting at the participant’s residence.
One of our lovely Physios or OTs will visit the participant at their home, where we conduct an initial assessment which will include:
- Subjective Assessment – an interview focused on the medical history of the presenting condition and its impact which helps a therapist to understand the situation clearly
- Objective Assessment – using evidence-based testing tools to identify deficiencies in function
- Meaningful goals
- Range of movement
- Mobility status
- Existing Equipment
The initial assessment takes approximately 60-90 minutes. We then set amazing goals to achieve together!
Based on the initial assessment, we draw on our clinical expertise to set realistic goals and outline associated timeframes. These goals are formulated and agreed upon by us and the participant. These goals are then listed in their NDIS plan.
Goals are personal intrinsic to the participant, such as –
- To be able to better access the community for social activities, such as attending sporting games
- Improve or maintain function in activities of daily living
- To transition to accommodation closer to family
- To be able to independently mobilise further
We list the interventions that will be used to achieve these goals, from both a Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy perspective.
Will I get to choose what time you visit?
Yes; we provide as much flexibility around scheduling as we can and will work with clients to find a mutually beneficial time.
English isn’t my first language. Can you still help me?
Yes, we can. Many of our clinicians are multilingual so our first preference would be to see if we have a clinician that speaks your language.
If that is not possible, we would discuss the option of having a family member available to translate, or arranging for a professional interpreter to be present. As an NDIS provider, there are cases when Vista Healthcare can coordinate an interpreter through the NDIA.
How does Vista Healthcare communicate with patients about treatment plans and appointments?
We ask our clients which mode of communication would suit them best.
In most cases we contact clients via email or via SMS (for example for appointment reminders). We understand that phone calls may not be convenient for everyone, so we only make contact via phone if we know it is at a convenient time for the client or their carer.
In what ways will Vista Healthcare liaise with the NDIA?
As the governing agency, the primary role of the NDIA is to ensure NDIS funding is distributed in a reasonable and necessary way. So our discussions with the NDIA largely relate to:
- Submitting NDIS request forms for Assistive Technology (as well as complex request forms)
- Support in escalating requests that are a matter of priority (for example, if a participant could benefit from mobility equipment but there may be a wait).
- Support with applications for further care. This can be appropriate if a client is reaching the end of their NDIS plan and requires renewal.
What else does Vista handle apart from Physio & OT?
Our Physiotherapists primarily deliver evidence-based rehabilitation programs. Our Physiotherapy service is tailored towards the participant’s meaningful goals.
Our Occupational Therapists help by conducting OT assessments, environmental modifications, managing home modification projects and equipment trials, reviews and prescriptions.
Our care services extend beyond home visits. We can also support participants and their carers in other ways, including:
- Programs such as manual handling training or falls prevention
- Adjusting to unexpected changes after a status change
- Assisting with finding appropriate housing or shared accommodation
Our healthcare services are holistic, we understand participants are largely developing their abilities and independence.