Residential Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy
Vista Healthcare provides umbrella Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy services to residential aged care facilities. This includes a unique combination of:
- Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy visitations
- Full understanding of ACFI and Aged Care Standards
- Comprehensive Physical Assessments and Care planning
- Pain management programs
- Well-run rehabilitation programs
- Medicare & DVA patients
- Falls risk management and Prevention
- Manual handling training (carers & staff)
- Equipment Assessment and recommendation
- Private Clients
Delivering Managed Physio & OT Services
We develop partnerships with RACFs and provide services that are brokered and fully managed by us. Meaning we handle:
- Leave coverage
- Training our therapists
- Responsible for Professional Development
This takes away stress from the Director of Nursing / Facility Managers who can utilise the much needed time to focus on the other aspects of the Facility.
We will maintain all records and documentation in line with ACFI requirements and Aged Care Standards.
Our Therapists are trained in using many various electronic computer based systems. Where we are not familiar with a system, our staff will learn and adapt to the systems used within the RACF.
Our services are delivered with Compassion and Care and we understand the trust the patients, family members & facility is placing in us.
Our Therapists have Medicare Provider Numbers, thus can see Private Patients with eligible health funds, under Medicare and DVA referrals.
Vista Healthcare’s History in Aged Care
Vista Healthcare has been operating in residential facilities for over six years. We currently partner with multiple facilities throughout the Sydney region, delivering the services listed above in a dependable and professional manner.
Working for aged care facilities has been an amazing experience, we have proudly built a client base and also provided opportunities to undertake innovative projects.
The last project we did was a submission for funding to obtain HUR equipment, which is an evidence-based piece of equipment to help with falls prevention. It was funded by local charities and is particularly beneficial for residents with lower strength levels, it has already led to positive outcomes.
We have also been responsible for designing and implementing full gym setups, which included weights, parallel bars, exercise bikes and so on.
We aim to provide a quality service and the feedback has been positive overall, we have proudly formed long lasting partnerships and even provided recommendations to work for other facilities.
Facilities Sizes We Work With
We currently serve small and medium sized facilities with an average count of 50-200 residents.
We are well equipped to handle large brokered contracts as well. We have really good processes and great therapists.
Achieving Aged Care Quality Indicators
We work within the Aged Care Standards and help facilities deliver those standards to its residents. When there is a change to the Aged Care Standards, we reflect those policy updates within our clinical practice as well.
At times, facilities will have their own internal quality indicators, in which we would align to.
Facilities are routinely audited to ensure that standards are being met, the Aged Care Quality Indicators we help with are:
- Consumer dignity & choice – We conduct ourselves in a caring, compassionate & respectful manner. We believe in patient-directed care. We respect the choices, culture & beliefs of our clients
- Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers – We help people understand the healthcare that is available to them
- Personal care & clinical care – Residents have a choice of clinician that is right for them
- Services and supports for daily living – We help people achieve realistic and functional outcomes. We also prescribe assistive equipment to support daily living
- Organisation service environment –
- Feedback & complaints – We are receptive & responsive to feedback, we participate in meetings regarding our performance. Vista Healthcare has its own complaints policy available here
- Human resources – Our services are delivered by verified healthcare professionals who are registered with AHPRA. We are fully insured. We are an Australian company.
- Organisational governance – We conduct patient reviews, equipment reviews and partner with the facility to ensure the healthcare is well managed
We work closely with the Nursing Directors and committees to report on the work we have performed, as well as plan the work that is upcoming.
Success Stories in Residential Aged Care
Resident Story 1 –
We mentioned earlier on this page that we commissioned a gymnasium into a facility. In that facility, there was a resident who had been wheelchair-bound for four years prior.
After working together for some time, focusing on lower limb strength and glute activation, the gentleman regained his ability to walk with the help of a walking frame.
There is a brilliant photo of him walking in the parallel bars and his daughter cheering him on. It’s a brilliant photo – we’ve got a copy of it on our office wall! It was so special for the family. We’re really proud of our Physios & OTs involvement.
Resident Story 2 –
There was another resident who used her four-wheel walker for years, she required a carer to push her to the dining room and back. Our Physiotherapists worked with her to build her capacity to the point where she walks by herself.
One of her favourite past-times is to walk to the gym, jump on the exercise bike and imagine the countries she wants to visit. It’s usually Hungary or Budapest!
These are just some of the Vista Healthcare stories, and there are many!
Working Synergistically with RACFs
Our role within Aged Care facilities is variable. For example, a facility may already have a pain management program in place, so our scope of work may be Physiotherapy & Occupational visitations only.
We primarily allocate our clinicians based on the amount of residents and hours each facility requires per week.
We adapt to the software & documentation system of the facility, we find this is beneficial because our clinical notes are easily accessible. In the event the facility does not have its own competencies, Vista Healthcare’s will use its own.
We work directly with facilities to optimise ACFI funding as well as ensure the residents are receiving a high level of care. We are actively monitoring The Department of Health for the possible migration to the AN-ACC funding model.
Why choose Vista Healthcare?
Vista Healthcare has a wealth of experience in the aged care sector. We can honestly say:
- We are ethical
- We are loyal
- We support our staff – we see them as individuals before therapists. We help our staff holistically because that is reflected in their work
- We provide job opportunities to local graduates and offer fantastic working arrangements
- We are flexible with our scheduling to suite all stakeholders
- We are highly professional and offer ongoing education to our team
Contact us on 1300 306 037 or navigate to our contact page to make an enquiry.